June 19, 2009

Love gives us a fairy tale.......

Our beautiful friends tie the knot!

I had the pleasure of photographing their special day!
Pre-wedding photos went well.....hair, make-up, shoes, something borrowed, something new....catching all the little details of this special day.......flowers, rings, reception room, "the dress".........................................
Trying so hard to remember everything I've learned these past months.......ISO, Lighting, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Exposure, Composition, yada yada yada....
Ok, so far not bad.....
Then the moment arrives, I am standing in front of the bride in the foyer as she is getting ready to walk down the isle by both her sons, the music starts, I go to take a picture of this beautiful moment, and.....what??? no click......nothing......I look at my camera...OMG..memory card is FULL!!! How could I be so careless not to check my card......and even worse...how could I not have an extra one with me.....
Quickly turning around I scurry up the isle.........feeling like such an idiot....find my camera bag which is hiding up front right of the pastor, I fumble around in a bag I have never used until now since it is so large and only brought because it easily holds all my equipment....
Where are all my memory cards?? So many pockets, so many zippers, tons of places to hide them little cards......where on earth could I have put them...minutes pass.....feels like hours.....OMG can this be happening.....where oh where are those cards.......Ah.......ha.........there they are.....now I remember....I'll put them in this little pocket so I'll remember where they are....geeeee, how many times have I done that before......
So back doooooooooown the isle I go....slap the new card in........get into position.....and off we go....

What a beautiful bride......what amazing sons, together walking their mom to this incredible man that will soon become her husband.

"May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years, May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth." ~BLESSING OF THE APACHES






Through it all, I learned I have much to learn, that I am a long ways from purposely capturing the moments that only happen once, and that my day was spent doing what truly gives me pleasure! :)


Special thanks to Kara, who really saved my butt!!! :)
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Have you ever wanted to say "Thank You"......................... But didn't, then wished you had........ Here's how...............

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ My Photography ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

For more photography please visit me here!